Ron Crockett

Ron Crockett

(1939- , Inducted 2004)

In the face of tremendous uncertainties, delays and cost overruns associated with wetlands issues and other hurdles, Ron Crockett, through the force of his own will, completed a very complicated and difficult four-year struggle with the opening of Emerald Downs in 1996.

From that time forward, every concession our local racing industry has received from Olympia lawmakers to advance horsemen’s interests has been furthered with his help. The new “partnership” alignment with the Muckleshoot Indian Tribe is further evidence of Crockett’s leadership.

Crockett has contributed mightily to the local racing community with both time and money to the Backstretch Clubhouse Daycare Center, the Racetrack Chaplaincy program, the building of the on-site WTBOA offices and sale pavilion, as well as a state-of-the-art emergency care equine center.

His impact on Washington breeding and racing have been nearly as significant. Crockett’s vast stable has had horses at numerous local farms and employs several local trainers.

The founder of TRAMCO, a commercial aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul facility now owned by BF Goodrich, he has also been involved in real estate development. He has been active on many advisory boards and committees at his alma mater, the University of Washington, and has received many awards, including the 1995 S. J. Agnew Special Achievement Award.

Read the expanded profile in the WASHINGTON THOROUGHBRED MAGAZINE, Fall 2015, page 160.