One of the Nation’s Leading Quarterly Equine Journals Devoted to the Thoroughbred – Published since 1946
Member of American Horse Publications and General Excellence Award Winner
Print Magazine Mechanical Requirements(width x height)
Bleed size 8 3/4 x 11 1/4
Trim size 8 1/4 x 10 3/4 inches
Full page (suggested copy area) 7 x 9 1/2 inches
Two-thirds page, vertical 4 9/16 x 9 1/2 inches
Half-page, vertical 4 9/16 x 7 inches
Half-page, horizontal 7 x 4 3/4 inches
One-third page, regular 4 9/16 x 4 3/4 inches
One-third page, vertical 2 3/16 x 9 1/2 inches
One-third page horizontal 7 x 3 3/16 inches
One-quarter page, regular 4 9/16 x 3 1/2 inches
One-quarter page, vertical 2 3/16 x 7 inches
One-sixth page, vertical 2 3/16 x 4 3/4 inches
One-sixth page, horizontal 4 9/16 x 2 1/4 inches
Column inch 2 3/16 x 1 inch
Column is 9 1/2 inches deep, three columns to a page.
Digital Output Requirements
- Preferred files are high resolution PDF files (press quality with fonts and images embedded).
- Images must be CMYK or grayscale, TIFF, JPEG, PNG or EPS, between 300 and 400 dpi, 100% size, no rotations. We do not adjust color on digital images. If it is deemed necessary, please supply a hard copy proof with digital images.
- All colors must be CMYK converted. No Pantone colors, please. If Pantone is supplied, Washington Thoroughbred will match the color out of process. We do not take responsibility for any color variations resulting from this conversion.
- Ad submission accepted via e-mail, FTP upload, Dropbox or Cloud shares (or the similar), or on CD, portable drive, etc.
- See below for specific information regarding images taken on a digital camera.
- Note: Camera settings must be made before the picture is taken.
- FOR PRINT in the magazine: Set your camera to Best, Fine or Super Fine quality. We will then adjust the file to the required 300 dpi resolution. We are NOT able to make the proper adjustment to images shot at lower quality levels.
- FOR WEB: Set your camera to Standard or Economy quality. Image will be saved at the default resolution of 72 dpi which is standard for Web/online viewing.
- Please refer to your camera’s operating manual for making the appropriate settings.
Circulation and Readership
Washington Thoroughbred is a quarterly publication of the Washington Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association. It covers all aspects of the Thoroughbred breeding and racing industry in Washington and throughout the Pacific Northwest. Publications include the Spring Champions and Year-end Statistical Review, Summer Sale issue, Fall Sale and Racing Recap issue, and Winter Stallion Register, as well as the Farm and Service Directory.
Circulation covers Washington and the Pacific Northwest, including Oregon, British Columbia and Idaho, as well as Montana, California and Kentucky.
Member: American Horse Publications, National Thoroughbred Racing Association (NTRA), Thoroughbred Owners & Breeders Associatin (TOBA), Washington Farm Bureau, Oregon Thoroughbred Owners & Breeders Association.
Published by the Washington Thoroughbred Breeders & Owners Association
3220 Ron Crockett Dr. NW
Auburn, WA 98001-1661
Fax (253) 288-7890
M. Anne Sweet, general manager & editor
Susan van Dyke, associate editor & research
Dana Claxton, administrative assistant & advertising sales