Watch for stallions to be added in the coming days!
- $1,000 Tier 1 Bidder Bonus – All winning bidders from the main online auction dates of December 15-22, 2023, will be entered into a drawing to receive a bonus in the amount of 50% of their final bid amount up to a maximum of $1,000 to be applied toward the bid.
- $400 Tier 2 Bidder Bonus – All other bidders will be entered into a drawing to receive a bonus in the amount of 50% of their bid up to a maximum of $400 to be applied toward the purchase of a stallion season that did not sell during the main auction (or may be applied toward the purchase of a season for the 2025 breeding season).
- All progeny of stallions whose seasons for the 2023 breeding season sold during the online auction will be eligible to run for a bonus of $5,000 or greater in each of TWO three-year-old stakes to be run at Emerald Downs in 2027. It is anticipated that similar bonus amounts will be available for all progeny of stallions whose seasons for the 2024 season sell during the online auction. The bonus(es) will be paid to the winning owner(s) of the eligible horse(s).
- $5,000 Tier 1 Stallion Season Auction Bonuses – Those stallions achieving the top eight (8) highest-selling seasons will be automatically entered into the Tier 1 Drawing. The winning stallion drawn will receive a bonus in the amount of 50% of the final season bid amount up to a maximum of $5,000.
- $1,000 Tier 2 Stallion Season Auction Bonuses – All other stallions whose seasons sell will be automatically entered into the Tier 2 Drawing. The winning stallion will earn a bonus in the amount of 50% of the final season-bid amount up to a maximum of $1,000.
- Both drawings will be held on the evening of the Washington Annual Awards Banquet, tentatively scheduled for Saturday, February 24, 2024.
- All Tier 1 stallions, including the names of the farms where they stand, will be featured in the Awards Banquet program, in Washington Thoroughbred magazine, and in all promotional information for the following year’s Stallion Season Auction.
- Bonus amounts will be paid to the stallion owner.
- Final bid amounts will not be made public.
Top 8 Selling Stallions for 2023
Army Mule, by Freisian Fire, Hill ‘n’ Dale Farm, Paris, KY
Catalina Cruiser, by Union Rags, Lane’s End, Versailles, KY
Conveyance, by Indian Charlie, Blue Ribbon Farm, Buckley, WA
Dialed In, by Mineshaft, Darby Dan Farm, Lexington, KY
Drain the Clock, by Maclean’s Music, Gainesway, Lexington, KY
Lexitonian, by Speightstown, Lane’s End, Versailles, KY
Mo Forza, by Uncle Mo, Rancho San Migeul, San Miguel, CA
Sir Prancelot, by Tamayuz, Rancho San Miguel, San Miguel, CA
For more information, call us at (253) 288-7878 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.