One of the Nation’s Leading Monthly Equine Journals Devoted to the Thoroughbred – Published since 1946
Member of American Horse Publications General Excellence Award Winner
|Print Magazine Mechanical Requirements(width x height)|
|Bleed size||8 3/4 x 11 1/4|
|Trim size||8 1/4 x 10 3/4 inches|
|Full page (suggested copy area)||7 x 9 1/2 inches|
|Two-thirds page, vertical||4 9/16 x 9 1/2 inches|
|Half-page, vertical||4 9/16 x 7 inches|
|Half-page, horizontal||7 x 4 3/4 inches|
|One-third page, regular||4 9/16 x 4 3/4 inches|
|One-third page, vertical||2 3/16 x 9 1/2 inches|
|One-third page horizontal||7 x 3 3/16 inches|
|One-quarter page, regular||4 9/16 x 3 1/2 inches|
|One-quarter page, vertical||2 3/16 x 7 inches|
|One-sixth page, vertical||2 3/16 x 4 3/4 inches|
|One-sixth page, horizontal||4 9/16 x 2 1/4 inches|
|Column inch||2 3/16 x 1 inch|
|Column is 9 1/2 inches deep, three columns to a page.|
Digital Output Requirements
- Preferred files are high resolution PDF files (press quality with fonts and images embedded).
- Images must be CMYK or grayscale, TIFF, JPEG or EPS, between 300 and 400 dpi, 100% size, no rotations. We do not adjust color on digital images. If it is deemed necessary, please supply a hard copy proof with digital images.
- All colors must be CMYK converted. No Pantone colors, please. If Pantone is supplied, Washington Thoroughbred will match the color out of process. We do not take responsibility for any color variations resulting from this conversion.
- Ad submission accepted on CD, portable drive, via e-mail or FTP upload.
- See below for specific information regarding images taken on a digital camera.
- Note: Camera settings must be made before the picture is taken.
- FOR PRINT in the magazine: Set your camera to Best, Fine or Super Fine quality . We will then adjust the file to the required 300 dpi resolution. We are NOT able to make the proper adjustment to images shot at lower quality levels.
- FOR WEB: Set your camera to Standard or Economy quality. Image will be saved at the default resolution of 72 dpi which is standard for Web viewing.
- Please refer to your camera’s operating manual for making the appropriate settings.
Circulation and Readership
Washington Thoroughbred is a quarterly publication of the Washington Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association. It covers all aspects of the Thoroughbred breeding and racing industry in Washington and throughout the Pacific Northwest. Publications include the Spring Champions and Year-end Statistical Review, Summer Sale issue, Fall Sale and Racing Recap issue, and Winter Stallion Register, as well as the Farm, Service and Business Directory.
Circulation covers Washington and the Pacific Northwest, including Oregon, British Columbia and Idaho, as well as Montana, California and Kentucky.
Member: American Horse Publications, National Thoroughbred Racing Association (NTRA), Thoroughbred Owners & Breeders Associatin (TOBA), Washington Farm Bureau, Oregon Thoroughbred Owners & Breeders Association.
Published by the Washington Thoroughbred Breeders & Owners Association
3220 Ron Crockett Dr. NW
Auburn, WA 98001-1661
Fax (253) 288-7890
M. Anne Sweet, editor
Susan van Dyke, associate editor
Tara Homfeldt, advertising sales